Trust The Children

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Wonder of Being Self Taught


My Microsoft son, sent me this link today. About being self taught. When I am dead and gone, and my children are left to represent our family values, these thoughts represent some of the highest values I hope to have passed on. Here are a few highlights.

“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”

- Isaac Asimov

“Persistence and self-education are the keys. Nobody can teach you how to write - you have to teach yourself, using the examples of others for inspiration.”

- Greg Bear

“Vitally important for a young man or woman is, first, to realize the value of education and then to cultivate earnestly, aggressively, ceaselessly, the habit of self-education.”

- B. C. Forbes

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”

- Jim Rohn

Take a look. We live in exciting times to be teaching our children the value of being home taught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home