Trust The Children

Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Is The Simple Idea?


Why should (our children) be "abandoned" to systems that (fail) to take into account the fact that children learn by imitating the people around them? Having good models, having lots of time to play, and being surrounded by people who love them (not judge them and grade them and mold them) is the recipe for successful growth. - Pat Montgomery

Children learn more from watching other people learn, than from watching other people teach. - James Ferrell

I am the Way, The Truth, and the light. - Jesus Christ

Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do; - Jesus Christ

Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do.

The foundation of influence with others is example. Stephen Covey

How we teach is what we teach. Dean John H. McArther Harvard Business School

The first approach to any subject in school, if thought is to be arroused, and not words acquired, should be as unschoolastic as possible. John Dewey

A careful inspection of methods which are permanently successful in formal education... give pupils something to do, not something to learn: and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking, or the intentional noting of connections; learning naturally results. John Dewey

I trust that home educating is really this simple. Mark Weiss

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home